4.7. Looking at a Specific Student's Grades without Exposing the Grades of Other Students
In the event you wish to work face-to-face with a student using your instructor account and need to look at their individual grades without exposing other students' grades, follow these instructions.
- Create a Smart View in the Gradebook that shows all users but only basic information
- Add this Smart View as a Favorite for Quick Access
- Access the new Smart View
- Click the Action Menu (grey down arrow) on the desired student
- Click the hide others option
- In the Filters Ribbon on the Top, Switch your view to "Full Grade Center" or other desired view
This will give you a student-only roster view that links (in a round-about way) to an individual student's view of the Full Gradebook or other Smart View.
This approach requires the Smart View to be setup in advance of the student's visit.