2.3. Uploading and Sharing a YouTube Video
Uploading and Sharing a YouTube Video
2. In the upper right hand corner of the screen, click "sign in" if you are not already signed in.
3. Sign in using your YouTube username or email. If you already have a Google account, you can log into YouTube using that account.
4. In the upper part of the screen, click the movie button with the + in the middle. Choose 'Upload Video' from the drop down menu.
5. Select a file or multiple files from your computer and upload them or use the click and drag method.
6. During and after upload, you can give your video a title, description, and tags as well as select a thumbnail for the video:
7. If you need to share this video, you have three options.
- Setting your video to "Private" will require you to obtain a Gmail address for those with whom you want to share it, and you will need to list those people. No one else other than those you list can access your video.
- The easiest way to share the video is to set your video to “Unlisted”. Unlisted videos cannot be searched for on Google or YouTube, but can be viewed by anyone that has the link. You’ll be able to share that link by emailing it, or pasting it into a place where others can access it, like in a Word Document or on a Discussion Board. While this method makes it possible for someone to find your video, it is very unlikely, and this way does not require you to obtain and list the Gmail address of people with whom you want to share.
- Setting a video to “Public” means anyone can search for and find your video on Google or YouTube by looking for specific words in either your title, description, category, or tags.
8. Below the Share options, you can add your video to a playlist by clicking on '+Add to Playlist'. If you don't have any previously created playlists, you can create a new one here. Check the box to the left of the name to add the video to the specified list.
9. Use Advanced Settings to allow or disallow comments, voting, ratings, video responses, mobile device viewing, and embeding. You do not need to adjust these settings, however the default is "enabled" for all of these features.
10. Once you have completed all the changed settings, click on the blue 'Done' button in the upper right corner to save all changes. If you need to go back and edit, click on the 'Return to Editing' button that replaced the blue 'done' button.
11. You can click the "share" button to view the sharing links. Once you have the URL/Address of the video you can copy and paste this link to where your instructor has designated the submission.
12. After you leave the page, your video can always be found by signing into YouTube, selecting "My Channel", click on 'Uploads' (or Customize Channel), and clicking on the video (Once you have the video on the screen and ready to play, a share button for the video will be visible just below the video.