3.10. What to do if your CUW/AA email has been Compromised
What to do if your CUW/AA Email has been Compromised
Here are a few signs that your CUW/AA email account may have been compromised:
- You can no longer send or receive emails.
- Emails that have not been sent by you are in your “Sent” folder
If you noticed that your account may have been compromised, please follow the steps below.
1. Contact the IT Help-Desk by…
- Phone: (262) 243-4357
- Email: email@example.com
- Making a ticket on the portal at https://helpspot.cuw.edu/helpspot/index.php?pg=request
2. An IT Help-Desk Tech will work with you to reset your password. Before resetting it, they will ask you to provide the following information:
- Your name
- F00 number
- An alternate email address
3. Once verified, the IT Help-Desk Tech will provide you a new Initial password. You will be given directions to enroll in the password recovery page, allowing you to create your password.
*You will want to make sure the new password is as different as possible from your previous password.
4. Log in to the portal with your new password and open your Webmail app located at the top-right corner of the Portal home page.
5. Go to your Sent folder and delete any messages that did not come from you.
*You can select multiple emails by Shift + Left-clicking on an email, scrolling down, and then Shift + Left-Clicking again on the bottom email. This will select every email in between.
6. Select the small gear icon at the top-right of the Outlook Web App. Click on View all Outlook Settings
7. Highlight Mail on the left and then select Rules. If there is a rule to move mail from the Inbox to the Deleted Items folder, remove it.
8. Inform an IT Help-Desk tech that you have completed the above steps. This will allow IT to remove any Spam blocks that may have been set on your account.