8.2. Uploading Your Concordia ID Picture Online
Photo Submission Instructions
Please note: You will NOT receive a physical Falcon OneCard if you only submit a photo online. Click here for more information on how to obtain your Falcon Onecard.
Guidelines for your ID picture:
The photo must:
- Be in color with normal contrast and lighting (no filters)
- Be recent (within 6 months) with only one person in the photo
- Include a natural or neutral expression/smile
- Have the head and chin facing forward, looking straight into the camera
- Have the face and eyes clearly visible, without a shadow
- Be cropped to show the top of shoulders and full head.
- Have a background that is solid grey, tan, white, or similar color (NOT black or fluorescent and NO patterns, creases, corners or wildlife/nature)
- NOT have a hat, scarf, costume or sunglasses (exceptions may be made for religious purposes)
- NOT have red eye or a glare in the eyes and/or glasses
- Minimum px requirement is 700x933 px
Please upload a high-quality picture (in landscape) that shows head and shoulders with a plain neutral background. The program will ask you to crop the photo to the required aspects. We need to be able to see your face and eyes clearly. Glasses are ok, but no sunglasses. Pictures that don't meet the standards will be rejected. Thank you for your cooperation!
Want to use a photo but it doesn’t have a plain background?
Use this online background remover tool: https://www.remove.bg/
Uploading Your Concordia ID Picture Online:
1. First have someone take your picture with a quality cell phone camera. (Use Landscape, not Portrait)
2. Then on that phone, open the browser and go to the Onecard site:
Find the site under the Student tab on the portal:
3. Login with your Student ID# and password.
4. Next click on the Menu (three lines), and then Account, and then Upload Photo.
5. Finally, click on the Upload button to select your picture.
6. After it shows your photo, click Crop and Rotate to crop it down to head and
7. When you are finished, click Submit.
8. Wait for an email approving or rejecting the submitted photo. After approved, photo will appear on the account.
If you have trouble, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why can’t I see my picture after I submitted it?
We manually check each picture to make sure that they are appropriate for your ID. This process can take up to 2 business days. You should receive an email approving or rejecting the picture you submitted. If your photo was approved, then you should see it in your OneCard account. If it was rejected or still pending, then the picture will not appear in your account.
I keep getting an error message saying that my photo does not match the ratios. What does that mean?
This system was designed for landscape photos taken by a smartphone. Some photos taken by a professional photographer (like senior photos) may not fit the standards that we require. Pictures must meet our ratio requirements.
How will I know if my picture was approved or rejected?
You will receive an email to your CUW email account with a message stating
whether it was approved or rejected after it has been processed. If it was rejected, there will be a reason listed.
Will I have to upload a new photo next year?
My face looks distorted in the upload, is that how it will look on my ID?
If your picture uploads weirdly, we will reject the photo and you can try resubmitting it. We won’t approve a photo that is distorted. When resubmitting, try using a landscape photo per the instructions to prevent distortion. If the photo looks distorted after it is approved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get my ID card?
Please visit the Falcon OneCard webpage on the CUW website to get more information on obtaining your ID card.