Home → Blackboard Learn → Grade Center (For Instructors) → Edit Column Information
4.5. Edit Column Information
This page shows how to edit information in a grade column, which includes:
- Primary Display- Changing view of grade (percentage to score)
- Score by Attempts- Change amount of attempts that are scored
- Add Due Date- Create an End Date of submitting an assignment or test
- Other options for student view
1. Open the Full Grade Center to view all grade book columns.
2. Click on the down arrow to the right of the column name you want to edit. It will give you this menu:
2. To change column information, click on 'Edit Column Information:'
3. In Section 1, you can edit general information about the submission:
- Grade Center Name- Change the column name in Grade Center (does not change assignment name)
- Primary Display- Shows the main column information. You can manually override the grades in the column on the main Grade Center screen
- Secondary Display- Shows another category (in paranthesis.) This information is automatically updated if the Primary Display is edited.
- Scores Attempts Using- Last Graded, Highest, Lowest, First Graded, or Average
- Points Possible- Change the value of the submission. It will regrade and calculate all submissions before the change (NOTE: Percentages/Points might be incorrect after changing)
- Associated Rubrics- You may attach Rubrics
4. In Section 2, you can change the Due Date.
5. In Section 3, you can edit additional items including student viewing.
- For 'Show Column to Students', you can have the option to hide this column if it needs to be set up differently. To add a a column to show a different format (Percentage, Score, etc.) please see the How to Add a Grade Center Column page.
6. Click Submit when finished. The Grade Center will be updated. If you chose a Secondary display, it will be shown in parenthesis next to the Primary Display in the column
An example with Secondary Display added (Main: Percentage, Secondary: Points):
The small orange triangle represents I have manually changed (override) the grade.