Home → IT Helpdesk → Microsoft One Drive → Share Files in Microsoft OneDrive
8.2. Share Files in Microsoft OneDrive
1. In any Internet browser (Microsoft Edge preferred) navigate to https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/. Enter your CUW/CUAA email address and then click Next.
2.You will be redirected to the CUWAA Single Sign-on page. Enter your Student ID or Faculty/Staff Username and password and then click SIGN IN.
3. Select either Yes or No on the following screen. Selecting No is the more secure option.
4. On your OneDrive page, click +New and then select the document type you want to create. For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ll use a Word Document.
5. Name and add content to your document and then click the Share button at the top right-hand corner of the screen
6. The following pop-up will appear. Select the button that says "Anyone with the link can edit >"
7. Select one of the sharing options:
- Anyone with the link: Anyone you send the link to will have the permissions that you set
- People in Concordia Un…ity Wisconsin with the link: Only CUWAA users that you send the link to will have the permissions that you set
- People with existing access: Not applicable to new documents
- Specific People: Email addresses you specify will have the permissions that you set.
Allow editing: If you check this box, the people you define above will be able to edit the document.
Open in review mode only: The document will only be reviewed.
Set Expiration date: Set a date when the permissions will expire
Set Password: Set a password on the document
Block download: Prevent users from downloading a copy of the document
8. Begin typing the name or email address of the person you want to share the document with. If the user is outside of CUWAA, you will have to enter the entire email address.
9. Once you have selected your share permissions and selected users to share with, add a message and then click Send (optionally you can select "Copy Link" and send the link in a different fashion or click the "Outlook" button and send the link via your email account).