4.2. Grading Notifications
There are multiple ways you can find Assignments that need to be graded.
On Blackboard Main Page:
A. Notification area:
1. In the upper right corner next to your name, click on the down arrow. Then click on the Alarm Clock .
2. A page will open with all course updates. Click on 'Open' to open the attempt, 'Grade' to view and grade attempt, and 'Dismiss' to remove item from this list.
NOTE: Items in the notification area will disappear after a period of time or after you have completed the task. To view dismissed tasks (graded assignments), go to the 'Needs Grading' in the course (see below) or directly to the Grade Center.
In the Course:
A. 'Needs Grading'
1. When in the course, click on 'Grade Center' then 'Needs Grading'
2. A list of items that needs to be graded will appear. Click on the students name to grade.
3. You can also choose to grade all submissions. Hover over an 'Item Name.' A drop-down menu will appear. Choose the grading option.
B. Grade through Gradebook:
1. Go to 'Grade Center' choose 'Full Grade Center' (or choose an available category below)
2. After the Grade Center opens, a yellow exclamation point will appear in a grade column to identify all submissions ungraded.
3. Hover mouse over the assignment to be graded. a Drop menu will appear. Click on 'Attempt <Date>' to view and Grade.
NOTE: To view items after being graded, go to Grade Center, click on 'Full Grade Center'. You can view attempts by doing going to the column and view attempt in the drop down menu (see #3 above).