Troubleshooting Steps →
Known Text Editor Issues
3. Known Text Editor Issues
Here are some possible solutions for each browser.
For Firefox, Clear the history.
- Click on the settings button (top right corner with three lines)
- Choose History, then click 'Clear Recent History...'
- In the box 'Time Range to clear:' change to 'Everything'
- Click the down arrow next to details. in the list, make sure cookies and active logins are checked. The other choices are optional.
- Click on the button 'Clear Now'
- Close out all Firefox windows and reopen
For Internet Explorer, change the setting for check for newer web pages.
- Go to internet options by clicking on Tools, then Internet Options
- In the general tab, under browsing history, click on Settings. A new window will pop up
- Under Temporary Internet Files, change the 'Check for newer versions of stored pages:' setting to 'Every time I visit the webpage'
- Click the 'Ok' button, then OK again
- Close out all Internet Explorer windows and reopen.
If you use Google Chrome, there is an extension error with Evernote web clipper:
- Click on the Menu button in the top right (an icon with three horizontal lines)
- Under the Tools Flyout Menu, Click onExtentions
- Find the Evernote Web Clipper Extention anduncheck the Enable checkbox
- Refresh/Reload ANGEL (This can be done by pressing F5 on most computers) and verify the tool works
If you do not have Evernote or the disable extension didn't help, try clearing the browser history:
- Select the menu button from the upper right hand corner of chrome.
- Select Settings
- Scroll through the settings and select "Show advanced settings..."
- Select "clear browsing data..."
- Ensure that only "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" is selected and that "From the beginning of time" is selected and then click on "clear browser data".
If you are using Windows 8 and Intenet Explorer, you need to run in 'desktop mode': please view this video to change it from metro to desktop here